Submissions of full papers are invited for publication in the conference proceedings. Papers may address any area of HCI, including but not limited to:
- Methods and Tools for Interface and Interaction Design, Modelling, and Evaluation including:
- Affective HCI, Emotion, Motivational Aspects
- Evaluation Methods / Usability Evaluation
- Human Factors
- Human Error and Safety
- Mobility / Mobile Accessibility / Mobile Devices
- Model- Based Design of Interactive Systems
- Tools for Design, Modelling, Evaluation
- Usability and Software / Enterprise Engineering
- User Modelling
- User Experience-Based Approaches
- Visualisation Techniques
- Cross-Cultural and Social Issues including:
- Developing Local Content or Interaction Design Capacity
- ICT in Social Development – Interaction Design for Developing Regions
- International and Cultural Aspects of HCI
- HCI for Offshore Software Development
- Specific Application Areas including:
- Adaptive Interfaces
- Augmented Reality and Tangible User Interfaces
- Child-Computer Interfaces
- Context- Dependent Systems
- End-User Development and Adaptation
- Fun / Aesthetic Design
- HCI and Web 2.0
- HCI Education
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Human-Work Interaction Design
- Interaction with Small or Large Displays
- Multi-Modal Interfaces
- Multi-User Interaction / Cooperation
- Novel User Interfaces and Interaction Techniques
- Social Media / Social Networks
- Usable Privacy and Security
- Technology in Healthcare
- Ubiquitous and Context-Aware Computing
- User Interfaces for Safety Critical Systems
- User Interfaces for Web Applications, e-Government
Submissions should report original work and must not have been published previously.
All full paper submissions will be peer-reviewed by an international panel of experts. The review process will retain the anonymity of authors and reviewers. After review, authors of borderline papers may submit a rebuttal (the meta-review will clearly state where this is appropriate). INTERACT 2019 will include a shepherding process for papers which are conditionally accepted at the Program Committee meeting prior to the decisions being released.
Reviewing process: peer reviewed
Co-chairs: Helen Petrie, Lennart Nacke
Abstract Submission: 14 January 2019
Submission: 28 January 2019
First round of reviews: 25 February 2019
Rebuttals due (for borderline papers): 4 March 2019
Notification: 1 April 2019
Camera-Ready: 3 June 2019
No. of pages: 18 pages + maximum 4 pages for references
Proceedings: Springer LNCS Series
We invite you to pre-register your submission and upload an abstract by 14 January 2019. You are allowed to have four additional pages of references beyond the page limit. Therefore, authors are invited to submit full papers with a maximum limit of 18 pages (plus four pages of references), in PDF format by 28 January 2019 – 23:59 PT, using the conference submission system.
Papers should be formatted according to Springer LNCS format. Accepted full papers must be presented at the conference and will be published in Springer LNCS Series.
Authors should guarantee the anonymity of their submissions. Please remove names and affiliations from the first page. Avoid obvious identifying statements in the paper. Citations to your own relevant work should not be anonymous, but rather should be done without identifying yourself as the author. For example, say “Prior work by [authors]” instead of “In our prior work.”
Full papers may optionally be accompanied by a video not exceeding 30 MB in size. Video figures will be published online and may be used for publicity.
BEST PAPERS of INTERACT 2019 will be invited to submit an extended version which will be published in a special edition of the BIT (Behaviour in Information Technology) Journal.
Submissions are accepted via PCS. To start the process or create an account click here.